Assignment 2

1. One of the concepts that are important to the world of design is to be confident in you work, with the idea that you will improve your craft, but that you will have to work at it. Another is to work with iteration. Not everything is a one and done concept. Sometimes things take development and multiple trials before becoming what it needs to be. This relates to continuing to work on things and constantly improving because lots of times, you can't get something right on the first try. And often, through enough iteration, you get the ability to actually see the different stages of improvement in your skills.

My mom inspires me. She is a graphic designer and currently works in package design at Logitech, a tech company. She's always encouraged me to pursue art and to keep working at it. I have always admired her artistic ability and her dedication to everything she makes. I'm so grateful to her and she always played a large part in my art.

2.
 
Goodbye Helios by James R. Eads


Each Day Spent by James R. Eads

I chose these pieces because James R. Eads is one of my favorite artists. He is a painter and a printmaker based in Los Angeles and I found him through the first painting, Goodbye Helios. I was so intrigued by the story behind the painting and how each part, from the brushstrokes, to the colors, to the placement of everything, seemed to contribute to it. From then, I found the rest of his work and it has become a really big inspiration to me and my art. I especially like the fluidity of his paintings and how they seem to extend beyond the canvas, creating a sense of mystery. I hope my work will one day be as vibrant and imaginative as his.

Comments

  1. Your mother is amazing. I'd actually like to have her some to class and talk about what she does and packaging...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy I still had Ms.K GD class in my tabs! Hehe now I can see your work (even though I am far away :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts